The number of older people in the UK is projected to increase significantly over the coming decades. This change will bring both challenges and opportunities for central and local government, with impacts on a wide range of public services.
This blog provides the latest news, information and analysis from the Foresight Future of an Ageing Population project, which is looking at the challenges and opportunities of an ageing society.
Blog comments are pre-moderated to check they comply with the participation guidelines below. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
We will always try to acknowledge comments added within a 24 hour period during the working week. However, we cannot guarantee this.
If you have a query about why your contribution has not appeared/disappeared on the site, our participation guidelines or approach to moderation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.